Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Finished The Rustic Chair


I finally finished the chair I was working on for Kiki. I've been working on it for an hour or two after the kids go to bed. I put a coat of natural stain on it and the first coat of tung oil is drying on it now.
I made the chair mainly to practice and learn, and learn I did. I learned that you have to drill the holes mortise all the same depth or your measurements could be as much as a quarter inch off. Also I think I over thought the actual seat part of the chair, next I'll try to make things a little less complicated. The chair is not really square but it is sturdy and does not wobble and serves the purpose for which it was made. I learned a great deal of things that I can use to make my next piece of furniture better, and Kiki has a chair to sit on that will hopefully last her quite a few years. 
I think it turned out just about as good as it could being the first piece of log furniture I've ever made (first piece of furniture period for that matter)    

No comments:

Post a Comment