We have been busy at work, I have had to work around 12 to 14 hours a day 6 days a week for the past couple of weeks. We are looking pretty busy next month and December is already starting to fill up as well.
We finished treating all of our 4x12s and now we are waiting for the inspection which will take place early next month, we should be able to start stacking logs mid-November.
I gotta say I'm a sucker for a good documentary, this one looks like a goodie. Check it out.
AGENDA: Grinding America Down (Trailer) from Copybook Heading Productions LLC on Vimeo.
This one looks good too.
I used to be a huge 24 fan so I thought this was hilarious. You would probably have had to see it to get the jokes.
ay I was thinking, what if Jack Bauer became a Christian, and then suddenly felt a call to ministry?
What would his church be like? His counseling sessions? Here’s what I think it would be like…
- Counseling sessions would be fast. Really fast. Because he only has two minutes, and you better tell him what’s going on or he’s going to mash your knee with his oversized Bible.
- He would scream the word “now” a lot. As in, “Tell me why you were impatient with your wife. NOW OR YOU'll LOSE A FINGER!”
- Every counseling session would end with a confession, because Pastor Jack can pull a confession out of anybody. Even if you didn’t do it.
- In every elders meeting Jack would inform the elders that “he did what he had to”.
- He would answer every theological question the same way: “It’s complicated…”
- He would probably fake his death several times as sermon illustrations.
- Scripture references in sermons would be called “backup”.
- The church would meet in an abandoned warehouse. The ushers would also be snipers and would establish a perimeter around the building.
- At least three times a week Jack would be misunderstood by his congregation and have to go “dark” until he could clear his name.
Oh yeah, I told someone I was going to put this on my blog a few months ago and I forgot until like 15 seconds ago. This is a story about Davy Crocket and taxes, I know it's long but please take the time to read it, it is very good.