Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Bele Chere



I just got done stuffing 100 of these bad boys into DVD sleeves so that we can hand them out this weekend at Bele Chere. I'll be meeting Jeff Young from our church in about an hour and we are gonna head down there.

Please pray for us. I imagine it will be a humbling experience.
I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous, this is the first time I've done anything like this (as a Christian). But one thing that comforts me is knowing that I am not in control of the outcome of a witness encounter, God is. No one will be saved because of my convincing argument for creationism or for the reliability of the Bible. If anyone is saved it is because the Holy Spirit was working on them.
Ponder this for a while. I could put forth the most convincing agument ever for the existence of God, in fact lets take it a step further. God himself could appear and prove that he was God (like say...Jesus did) and unless the Holy Spirit was working on them, people would still reject him (like the Jews did). Remember Romans 1 and 2? People know that God exists yet they suppress the truth in unrighteousness.


Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

emerginglurch.jpg