Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

NCFIC Conference

Last Thursday my Dad and I got up a 3:00 A.M. to go to the National Center For Family Integrated Churches National Conference. It would take quite a while to go through everything that happened on the trip. But I will try my best to touch on some of the highlights.

At about 7:00 A.M. we had a good old fashioned gut buster breakfast at "The Barrel". I ordered five pieces  of french toast and a country ham biscuit. Someone ordered biscuits and gravy and ended up with some surplus. I couldn't let them go to wast so I scarfed down the last two biscuits. Needless to say this all worked wonders for my stomach, but we will not go into that.

After long hours of driving we finally reached our destination, Covington, Kentucky.

      
The hotel we stayed in was very nice and was within walking distance to the convention center.
After dropping Dad and Pastor Philip off at the Leadership Luncheon, the rest of us set out for the Creation Museum.

My favorite part of the museum was the planetaria. It was very interesting seeing how small Earth and our galaxy is. Although I have studied the universe many times I have never been in a planetaria.

After that we met up with Pastor Philip and Dad and the conference began. Some things that were impressed on my mind are;

1. Although I am reminded of it daily. I was especially reminded of how far I have come and how far I have to go. Paul Washer talked about not comparing ourselves to others to gauge how we are doing in our christian walk. Compared to most 17 year olds and even most christian 17 year olds, I may look to be more mature, or more this, or less that. But compared to Christ I am light years away from where I should be. I must constantly examine myself to see if I am in the faith, to see if I am living as one in whom the Holy Spirit dwells.

2. I realized the severity of multigenerational faith. I realized that my actions do not just effect me, or even just my immediate friends and family. If I rebel against God then it will have an adverse effect not just on me but on my family, generations down the road. But if I follow God and build upon what my parents and my spiritual fathers taught me then my great great great great grandchildren will start they're lives at a place I could only imagine. Then they will be able to build from there. When Jeremiah prophesied to the captive Israelites, he told them what they should do and that they should obey God.
But the people who heard the prophesy would never be around to see the fruits of they're obedience.

3. I discovered that there is a black and white list of things in the bible that I should be. It is the qualifications for an Elder. I do hope to be an Elder one day but even if I am not called to that, the qualifications are things I should be.
Although there are many principles in the bible about manhood and there are many examples of men (Jesus being the ultimate) they can easily be interpreted differently be different people. But Titus 1, and Timothy, are all pretty black and white.

Well thats what I learned. I had a great time getting to know some of the men better, and I was also reminded of the many examples of Godly men that I have right here in our Church.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

emerginglurch.jpg