Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Log Furniture



I decided to try my hand at log furniture building. We would really like to have log furniture in our cabin but even buying from a local company is pretty expensive so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm making a small chair for Kiki. The legs and back braces will be made out of pine and the leg supports and back rest will be made out of oak.
The only expense (besides buying some chisels and and forstner bit) should be the linseed oil and bee's wax to finish it, I got all the wood from downed trees on our property.







It would also be an excellent to make some extra money.




1 comment:

  1. Here's a fun website... and they have log furniture tools!

    http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=1538

    ~p

    ReplyDelete

emerginglurch.jpg