Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Update

I think we have 13 or 14 logs peeled now; the logs are getting easier to peel (because he cut most of the logs when the sap started coming back up) the bark is coming off in big long strips cambian and all leaving beautiful wood grain.

We are really focusing in on getting the forms for the foundation finished (the grading guy is going the start digging the foundation this weekend I think.) We spent the last weekend figuring out what we needed to make things go fast, And yesterday I went to Lowes and loaded down my little pickup with 30 2x4x12s and went ahead and cut all the braces we need on two sides and then I'll have to go again today or tomorrow to get 30 more for the other two sides. I also picked up some more clamps so I can clap all the braces at one time and screw them in instead of having to use two clamps and move them around every time.



We have all so enjoyed having Makayla Grace in our home, but none of us as much as Benjamin.
Although I believe he is probably too young to know what is going on, there is no doubt that there is a special bond, connection, affection, whatever you want to call it between him and her at least on benjamin's part. He holds onto the side of her bassinet and stands on his tippy toes so he can see her while she is sleeping, he loves to just look at her. He can be sleepily drinking a bottle with mom in a rocking chair but if "his baby" cries out in another room he is up and out of mom's lap and goes to see what's wrong with her. He is very gentle with her and loves to give her "Ben-Jo kisses"

  
Whether or not Ben knows Makayla is his sister or not is not for me to say, but although he loves me and his other sisters very much, there is definitely something different in the way he treats Makayla. If she were to be moved I believe Ben would suffer the most.   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

emerginglurch.jpg