Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Todays Goings Ons...

Things were a little slow at work today so I went out and took care of some business. I stayed in bed until about 8:30 which for me is like sleeping half the day. I got up and helped mom clean the house some then I took a shower and went into town. My first order of business was to update our churches website, Next I had to go into downtime Asheville to the Police Department to get finger printed. Now that I'm 18 I have to have a background check, a physical, and get fingerprinted for the foster care thingy (That IS the technical term for it)
Going downtown is a very unpleasant experience for me, I try to avoid it at all cost. It's a far cry from the peaceful town I live in. I don't even care much to go to the little stretch of road thats called downtown Waynesville. I'm just not much of a city boy I guess.

Anyway the fingerprinting was easy enough and I didn't even have to get ink all over my fingers (it was all digitalized) Next I went to the court house and got the background check done, and the then I went to get my physical. The doctor said I was very healthy.

This weekend we are going to have the foundation backfilled and have the lifting poles set. We are almost finished bleaching the logs, it shouldn't take us very long to treat the logs.



I've been convicted lately about how little I share the truths of God's word with unbelievers. The weight of eternity has been laying heavily on my mind lately.

"She loves much, because she's been forgiven much."  

I have been forgiven so much, and yet my heart seems so dull when it comes to loving unbelievers. 

"Even if the souls we seek should all persist in unbelief, if they all despise and reject
and ridicule us, yet still it will be a divine work to have at least made the attempt."
-Spurgeon.

Do you share the gospel with others?  Do you "love much"? Have you been forgiven? 

"Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ, if sinners will be damned, at least let them
leap to hell over our bodies; and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms
about their knees, imploring them to stay, and not madly to destroy themselves. If
hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one
go there unwarned and unprayed for."
-Spurgeon 


            

No comments:

Post a Comment

emerginglurch.jpg